Sunday, September 23, 2012

Randomness

Wow, hard to believe 6 weeks have already gone by.  A new grade level and a new LA program and I am drowning....glub, glub, glub. I miss kindergarten... I still haven't unpacked all the materials that come with Treasures, our new program... all we do is assess... no fun allowed and I think the Fun Police will be coming around soon. JK. They won't be necessary since there isn't any time for fun.
OK, kidding again. Sort of. We did make this cute project that I saw on A Teeny Tiny Teacher's blog that came from Hadar. (Click on the link and it will take you to her TPT store.) I needed something quick for Back To School Night and I thought this would be perfect so the parents could see some basic fine motor and writing skills.
No matter how much you model, there's always one that doesn't quite get it. Oh well...

 I wanted to show you the mini pocket chart stands my dad made for me. 
I saw these at First Grade Fabulosity. Why didn't I think of this? I say that because I asked my dad to make this chart stand for my puppet theater. 
Why didn't I think of going mini for all those mini charts I bought from Target?! Well, that's what Pinterest is for, I guess.  By the way, I scored on that puppet theater. I think it was regularly $28 and I got it for $5 at Lakeshore. Love that store, especially when they have great sales. I also live near their outlet store, even better.

One more thing before I sign off. It's fall, which means apple time. My friend Karen at Through The Looking Glass has a cute little apple bitty book freebie at her site. Hop on over and check out it out.


6 comments:

  1. Your mini pocket charts are terrific! Great color. I bought those Target pocket charts over a year ago and have yet to use them. I'm going to have to ask my dad to get busy too:) Did he use PVC pipe? Did he paint them? Love, love, LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, they are made from PVC pipe. My dad said he used 1/2 inch. He spray painted them. I like the color he used for the big stand and I wanted the small ones to be that color too. Oh well.

      Delete
  2. Haha! So cute!! Love how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the measurements for the Puppet Theater?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to school tomorrow, and I will check the measurements for you.

      Delete