Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ready for Project Runway

...as long as the challenge is an apron...and they give me a pattern! Do you love Project Runway?? I have been watching PR marathons all summer. I am so fascinated with their skills and how they can whip up beautiful clothes (and yes, weird stuff too) in such a short amount of time. I had to have a pattern just to make this apron! heehee!

Pocket aprons are soooo handy to keep all your markers and post-its and erasers and stuff right where you can find it. I usually use the canvas type aprons that you can decorate. But I have been bitten by the sewing bug after watching PR and then I was inspired to sew my own apron after seeing Angela's creations over at Just Love Teaching and Stephanie's at Mrs. Wyatts Teaching Tales .
Now onto my next sewing project: mug buckets or how to make all those teacher mugs we get a little more useful!
BTW, Angela has an Etsy shop where she sells her aprons and right now she is having a giveaway for an apron. Just click on the link above to her blog.

5 comments:

  1. Cute! I really like the fabric you used. I wish I had your talent for crafting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thanks Karen! I found quite a few different bolts of school type fabric. I wish I had a craft/sewing room. Its really difficult to do anything when you can't spread out your stuff and leave it where it won't be disturbed. The kitchen table is NOT a good place to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gotta check this out. I love aprons to keep everything in!! Thanks for sharing and I love that apron!
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  4. I selected you as one of my top 10 blogs! You can check it out here http://pocketfullofkinders.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-blog-was-rated-top-10.html

    you can grab your button here http://www.teachingblogaddict.com/2011/05/top-10.html
    Ms. Patterson
    Pocket Full of Kinders

    ReplyDelete