Saturday, June 1, 2013

Currently

Wow, Farley posted this a few hours ago and I am already late to the party! There were already over 100 linked up! So here's what's currently happening with me: so loving that I am on vacation but not loving that I still have to pack up my room!! Grrr.....


I had to move to 1st grade this year. It was rough. Not only did we get a new language arts series that was massive but we got rid of class size reduction for 1st and 2nd. We are now up to 32. I know, crazy, huh? I did LOTS of 1st grade blogstalking this year. Figured some things out. The hard way. I am working on a couple of things I will do differently and hopefully by August I will be ready to face my new class.

What's currently happening with you? Join the party and link up at Oh Boy 3rd Grade.

5 comments:

  1. I had to laugh as I read the beginning of your post! I wrote the exact same thing :) Changing grades is always hard, and new curriculum on top of that! Sounds like you need your vacay to recoup!

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. 32 first graders?! I can't even imagine! I am actually (most likely) moving up to 2nd grade next year which I am excited for! However, moving up a grade also means getting an increased class size so I'm a bit worried about that. We shall see! Good luck to both of us! :)

    Pam
    Diary of a First Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kindergarten, so I feel your pain, I am a special ed. teacher for K-2, this year most of my students were kinders in full inclusion. Your numbers are crazy! What's so frustrating is that you are given that many first graders and told to make sure they are score at and above benchmark, enjoy your break, Paula @ http://educatingchildrenwithdisabilities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. 32 first graders? That's obscene! Wow!
    I found your blog through the currently! I am a new follower!
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of This World!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad I found your blog! I am your newest follower :) I am a special education teacher. I hope you can take a look at my blog when you get a chance! The Adventures of Room 83

    ReplyDelete