Thursday, December 15, 2011

Another Pinterest Inspired Post

One of my favorite parent gifts to make for Christmas was the hand print snowman ornaments. They are so cute but a lot of work. I haven't made those in years, ever since our class size went up to 32. Anyway, I've been cruising around Pinterest and saw the cutest thumbprint ornaments!

You can go here to Meet the Dubiens, to see the snowman, elf, penguin, and Santa.
If I had seen these in time, I might have tried to make them with my students. They are definitely do-able with 32 students. Instead I made them with my niece.  I found some small red ornaments from the previous Christmas, got some paint and this is what we came up with.  The Santa didn't come out that great but Rudolph was my favorite. I will definitely be making these next year!


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE these!! They're so cute, and much easier than the handprint snowman family. I've finished my gifts for this year, so maybe next year. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog from Kristin at Teeny Tiny Teacher. It looks like you all had quite a good time at your get-together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ornament is perfect!!!! I can not tell you how many hours I have spent on the snowman handprint ornament. NEVER again. The thumbprint is perfect!!!! I am your newest follower :)

    http://wildaboutk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete