Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bloggy SoCal Get Together

OMG! Thank you so much to Hadar for putting this lunch together! I wish everyone could have come, but then we would have needed a bigger meeting place. heehee.  We met at the beach and the weather was very nice. People were actually laying out, getting suntans. OK, I didn't think it was THAT warm.

Anyway, I was sooo excited to meet everyone. I had sooo much fun. I'd met Fran at the ITeach K conference and couldn't wait to see her again. She made all of us these cute little gifts. Isn't she great!
I loved chatting with everyone, laughing, OMG, we laughed so much, listening to everyone's great stories. The one little disappointment (yes) was that it was too short. I didn't get a chance to talk with everyone.  Parking meters that were about to expire and other appointments interrupted our time. But I tried to get pictures with everyone that came. Madison left before I got my camera out. :(
Oops, sorry Kristin, didn't mean to get you coming out of the ladies room. The rest of the ladies:
Hadar, Annie, Kerri, Lindsay and her adorable baby Jack.
Mikaela, she doesn't have a blog yet but of course read about the get together and came so that she could meet everyone. She's a K teacher in Long Beach. (sorry that I am probably not spelling your name correctly) Gwyn, Fran, and Nancy. Nancy came all the way from Barstow with her kids. woohoo for her!!
These are the blogs of all the wonderful ladies that you see here. If you don't follow them yet, go check them out.
Kristin - A Teeny Tiny Teacher, Hadar - Miss Kindergarten Annie - The Moffatt Girls, Fran - Kindergarten Crayons, Kerri & Lindsay - Teacher bits & bobs, Madison - Life With Mrs. L, Gwyn - Preschool Printables, Nancy - The Apple Basket Teacher
I can't wait till we do this again.

12 comments:

  1. So glad you girls had so much fun - next stop? MICHIGAN! :)

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I saw on your fb that you'd gone to Ruby's for lunch, but I wasn't aware who you were lunching with ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always coming out of the restroom. My family would say you captured me perfectly! :) Ha!
    So great meeting you! Can't wait until our next meet up!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad I found you through Kristin's blog! I am your newest follower! I would love for you to come by my blog and grab some *freebies*! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy,
    I loved seeing you again. Now you are an old friend and I am so glad you like your luggage tag. I hope you are reading something fun! I am looking forward to the next meet-up in the OC.
    Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I wish I could have talked to you more Kathy! Let's make sure to chat more at the next get together:) How fun was that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was great to meet you! Thanks for including me as having been there!! I guess there was at least one picture that included me!! Sorry I was late. Hope we can meet again!
    Thanks, Nancy

    The Apple Basket Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! So glad I discovered your blog! I'll be checking in often to see what's happening in your world of Kindergarten! By the way I wanted to let you know I awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! You can check out the details by linking back to my blog.
    ❤Tanya
    Ms. Solano's Kindergarten

    PS So happy to see you all getting together! I wish I had more connections here in CO...someday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog. I am your newest follower!

    Come check me out at: www.kindergartenlifestyle.blogspot.com

    -Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I gave you the Versatile Blogger Award! Click on my blog name to go check it out!

    Laura
    Kinder Kraziness

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I am so glad that all of you had the opportunity to meet up.. next time think about coming to NC...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sad I missed this! It looks like so much fun--please let me know if there's another one! :) Also, I chose your blog for the Versatile Blogger award. Check it out here: www.aintheclassroom.blogspot.com Thanks for the awesome inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete