Saturday, June 11, 2011

Wall Displays

I love looking at other teacher's bulletin boards and seeing all the great ideas and artwork. Teaching Happily Ever After is hosting a bulletin board linky party. Go check it out and see all the wonderful boards.

One of my favorite art projects is having the kids paint paper plates to make their faces!
I got the idea for the graduate faces from Mailbox Magazine. We have a school wide theme that promotes going to college. Every classroom has a bulletin board promoting college and a college banner hanging outside the classroom.

This was hanging outside my classroom for my ocean theme for Open House. This wasn't exactly what I had in mind for the finished display, but I think it did turn out cute. With 32 little faces, I should have made the boat bigger. The pirate face idea came from Mailbox Magazine. The skull and crossbones on the hat are made from a cotton ball and q-tips! They were supposed to have gold pipe cleaner earrings, but we ran out of time!

I got this idea from Kim Jordano's book Oceans of Fun. I love her ideas, she's got a great website full of pictures.

I got this idea from Kim Jordano's book Down on the Farm. The students wrote on the back of the vegetables which part of the plant it is. When they came for Open House they just plucked it off the board. Oh, I made a paper plate face for myself and put it in the driver's seat but it wasn't up when I took the picture.

Now its your turn to share!

2 comments:

  1. You bulletin board ideas are so cute! Thanks for sharing you work with us.


    Please visit my blog and follow me
    www.pocketfullofkinders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you stick the veggies on? Velcro?

    ReplyDelete